Down to 3 paint choices. Please help me choose!

  • Thread starter Thread starter glb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2013
Messages
8,185
Reaction score
3,302
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on using Benjamin Moore paint on the outside of the stand. Here are my three finalists:

Waterborne satin impervo latex acrylic: $60/can, voc 135 and stands up well to water long term

Kitchen and Bath latex acrylic: $45/can, voc 93. Also stands up to spills but has mildew resistance added, which I've heard is a no-no because of the chemical additive

Waterbased polyurethane used for kitchen cabinets: $60/can.

I'm leaning towards the first one because I have no experience with poly and the other has that mildew resistant additive. This is only for the outside of the stand. The paints require a primer, so I'd plan to use latex-based Kilz on the wood. Does this sound like a good plan?
 
Bump. Any ideas on what would look the best and last the longest?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new