Downgrade Vortech firmware in ESL?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Westb182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cleaning around and I found a spare MP40QD upgrade kit. Since I have some older dryside around and a spare wetside (QD), I was thinking of hooking it all up and having a 3rd MP40QD. I added it to my ESL, and I think I screwed it up by upgrading the firmware (my other 2 are running 1.2.8 while the one that I upgraded is running 1.4.1.). The wet side keeps falling off when the unit starts running, and just vibrates weirdly and falls off (like the magnet inside the dry side is spinning the wrong way or not spinning correctly). The only thing I can think of that caused this is upgrading the firmware.
Is there a way to downgrade the firmware without buying a black Mobius-compatible RF chip (as these are old and have the green ones)?

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I would go straight to the source.
Call ETM and ask for help.
While I do realize the MP40 is beyond warranty help, just ask a basic question and get real time help.

OP
OP
W

Westb182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to update,
I've been in contact with their support (really fast response), but even they seem to be a bit stumbled.
I tested many combinations and what I found out was the old ES dryside doesn't want to work anymore on any QD controller and/or with a QD wetside. When I plugged it (the ES dryside) into the old ES controller and used an ES wetside, it works perfectly.
Very odd as I know a QD controller and QD wetside work fine with the ES dryside.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back