Downgrade Vortech firmware in ESL?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Westb182
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Westb182

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2022
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Usa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cleaning around and I found a spare MP40QD upgrade kit. Since I have some older dryside around and a spare wetside (QD), I was thinking of hooking it all up and having a 3rd MP40QD. I added it to my ESL, and I think I screwed it up by upgrading the firmware (my other 2 are running 1.2.8 while the one that I upgraded is running 1.4.1.). The wet side keeps falling off when the unit starts running, and just vibrates weirdly and falls off (like the magnet inside the dry side is spinning the wrong way or not spinning correctly). The only thing I can think of that caused this is upgrading the firmware.
Is there a way to downgrade the firmware without buying a black Mobius-compatible RF chip (as these are old and have the green ones)?
 
I would go straight to the source.
Call ETM and ask for help.
While I do realize the MP40 is beyond warranty help, just ask a basic question and get real time help.
 
Just to update,
I've been in contact with their support (really fast response), but even they seem to be a bit stumbled.
I tested many combinations and what I found out was the old ES dryside doesn't want to work anymore on any QD controller and/or with a QD wetside. When I plugged it (the ES dryside) into the old ES controller and used an ES wetside, it works perfectly.
Very odd as I know a QD controller and QD wetside work fine with the ES dryside.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new