Download Manager MacOS Catalina issues

Jhillreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know how to get download manager to work with new Mac OS? It comes up with some java issue tell me to download then it can’t .

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hopefully @CoralsAddiction will respond or you can get a response the EcoTech support. If not, do you have access to a PC that you can borrow? That might be another option. Good luck!

#ecotech #DarthSimon

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know how to get download manager to work with new Mac OS? It comes up with some java issue tell me to download then it can’t .

Java's always been a bit weird, but after the Oracle acquisition its become more of the wild west in terms of support. Post a screen shot of the error here and someone might be able to point you in the right direction, otherwise its shooting in the dark as a ton of different applications/environments can throw java related errors. In reality you'll probably get more help on reddit, the bleepingcomputer forums or similar.

OP
OP
J

Jhillreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I don’t see Catalina working with that

image.jpg

2_much_junk_in_the_sump

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, it's trying to install a Java package from 2017. That's crazy old in the world of IT and security. Is that the latest installation package? They may have a newer one with recent Java support?

I found a work around, but it's pretty shameful IMO to have to run such an old version of Java to make it work. Try this, but warning some of those commands can wipe out everything on your disk if you input one character wrong (I'm speaking to that rm -rf command), so be careful and triple check the script before you execute...

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also tried using a windows 10 PC and couldn’t get it to work either.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • None.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back