OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need it I've got some extra media for the co2 scrubber. I bought 2 bags from a medical supply place before I took the last tank down and have only refilled 2 canisters out of one bag. Mine never made my skimmer overflow. Not sure what might cause that.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP on my iPhone while I am hiding from work!

Thanks Dave! If I cant figure out what is causing this, I might have to take it offline. But bring it when you come to the swap.

I did a water change and seems to be okay now, but I'm at work now, so it remains to be seen if it was just a fluke thing or not.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah Dave cool man becarefull over there best of luck. Chris if the scrubber dont work out try kalkwasser in your ato. Dont have to be full str to get the ph benefits and it'll help use less 2 part of course.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And still having ph problems. Wierd

It is kind of odd that my water has always been 7.8 here. The skimmer is going to get a nice cleaning today. But after the 5 gal WC it stopped. Weird why it did this. I've never had this skimmer overflow before.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris, is it not better to leave it at 78 if that's where the water seems to want to stay? As long as your other params are stable?

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same issue, and we are both using Red Sea Salt, my pH has always hovered around 7.8.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same issue, and we are both using Red Sea Salt, my pH has always hovered around 7.8.

My tank has run around the 7.8 range since day 1. No matter what salt I use.

Daniel, yes it is not wise to chase a number if there is no reason. But my ph swings just a little more than I want it to. And its on the low end which I don't like. My tank doesn't really show major signs that it doesn't like it except for my cyphastrea, The polyps never fully extend. Since adding the Co2 scrubber it has been running between 8.0-8.15. Being closer to the natural range of seawater just makes me feel better and hopefully my corals will like it too.

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has run around the 7.8 range since day 1. No matter what salt I use.

Daniel, yes it is not wise to chase a number if there is no reason. But my ph swings just a little more than I want it to. And its on the low end which I don't like. My tank doesn't really show major signs that it doesn't like it except for my cyphastrea, The polyps never fully extend. Since adding the Co2 scrubber it has been running between 8.0-8.15. Being closer to the natural range of seawater just makes me feel better and hopefully my corals will like it too.

That makes since. Mine typically runs around 7.9-8 and I found trying to raise it never really worked. Now I just let it ride there.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes since. Mine typically runs around 7.9-8 and I found trying to raise it never really worked. Now I just let it ride there.

I hear you on not having anything really work. I added chaeto to my sump and run it opposite of my DT photoperiod, and I dose kalk from ATO, now it's this C02 Scrubber. Not saying any of the others things didnt work, they just didnt work good enough.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The MTRC swap was yesterday and I am so sore and tired its not funny. Here are a few things I acquired

And my best finds of the day(starting from the left on the clean white plugs)
Pro Corals Rainbow Acro--Wet Thumbs Tierra del Fuego--ATL Blue Vermiculata

Couple of other shots taken today
Vivid Rainbow Acro

Everbody on the move

Duncan

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good.. texted you some tips..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back