First marine tank!

BrunoL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I'm Bruno, from France. I've had fresh water tanks since I was young. I'm currently running Eheim Proxima 325L / 85 US gallon which is has been up since 2018. I've added a picture at the bottom in case there's fresh water fans as well. ;-)

I've been reading this forum for a while and been watching BRStv, Reef Dork, George Mavrakis, ... and honestly, there's only so much temping I can take. So today early (or late) Santa brought me this:

433378940_1137399474107498_5046113607745743964_n.jpg

He also brought my some other stuff, such as a couple of Hanna meters, some filter equipment, sand, ... I'll be making a trip to my LFS tomorrow to pick up some rock. Guess he didn't manage to fit that in the bag. I'm very eager to get some water in this tank.

I haven't really fixed what I'll be putting in it, but I'm leaning towards 2 clowns and a pistol shrimp / goby duo. In terms of corals, I'll have a look and see what's available nearby. There are several things which seem very popular in the US, but are very hard to get in the EU. Zoas seem to be somewhat less popular, most stores I've been to only have a few frags for sale. However SPSs and real (Indonesian) live rock seems very readily available ...

Besides corals and fish, there's also different kinds of tools and equipment that seem impossible to find over here. I'm looking at you InTank accessories and Cobalt Aquatics ...

I'll make a tank log later on, once I get some water in the box. :)

That's it for now!

As promised, here's the fresh water:
  • Eheim Proxima 325L tank
  • Eheim LedControl+e with 2x Eheim PowerLed+ bars (Daylight + Fresh plants)
  • Eheim Professional 5e 600T Canister
  • Eheim ReeflexUV+e 500
  • Eheim pHcontrol+e plugged on a CO2Art dual stage pro series regulator
In terms of livestock, it houses a decent amount of Pearl Gouramis, Panda Corydoras, a bunch of Tetras (Green & Black Widows), a couple of German Rams and a Rainbow Shark.

363081890_820958746238986_5245318141343437919_n.jpg

Thanks for reading!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

gmon57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I'm Bruno, from France. I've had fresh water tanks since I was young. I'm currently running Eheim Proxima 325L / 85 US gallon which is has been up since 2018. I've added a picture at the bottom in case there's fresh water fans as well. ;-)

I've been reading this forum for a while and been watching BRStv, Reef Dork, George Mavrakis, ... and honestly, there's only so much temping I can take. So today early (or late) Santa brought me this:

433378940_1137399474107498_5046113607745743964_n.jpg

He also brought my some other stuff, such as a couple of Hanna meters, some filter equipment, sand, ... I'll be making a trip to my LFS tomorrow to pick up some rock. Guess he didn't manage to fit that in the bag. I'm very eager to get some water in this tank.

I haven't really fixed what I'll be putting in it, but I'm leaning towards 2 clowns and a pistol shrimp / goby duo. In terms of corals, I'll have a look and see what's available nearby. There are several things which seem very popular in the US, but are very hard to get in the EU. Zoas seem to be somewhat less popular, most stores I've been to only have a few frags for sale. However SPSs and real (Indonesian) live rock seems very readily available ...

Besides corals and fish, there's also different kinds of tools and equipment that seem impossible to find over here. I'm looking at you InTank accessories and Cobalt Aquatics ...

I'll make a tank log later on, once I get some water in the box. :)

That's it for now!

As promised, here's the fresh water:
  • Eheim Proxima 325L tank
  • Eheim LedControl+e with 2x Eheim PowerLed+ bars (Daylight + Fresh plants)
  • Eheim Professional 5e 600T Canister
  • Eheim ReeflexUV+e 500
  • Eheim pHcontrol+e plugged on a CO2Art dual stage pro series regulator
In terms of livestock, it houses a decent amount of Pearl Gouramis, Panda Corydoras, a bunch of Tetras (Green & Black Widows), a couple of German Rams and a Rainbow Shark.

363081890_820958746238986_5245318141343437919_n.jpg

Thanks for reading!
Welcome. Off to a great start.
You will probably start thinking about emptying that freshwater system in a couple of months once the saltwater bug takes over (joking).

seawee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome and you have amazing scaping skill i love your freshwater tank with the rainbow shark and i hope your new saltwater tank goes well, just i think maybe you should not go straight in the deep end with this try to get 1-2 clowns since they are very easy to care for and are very social but maybe after 9-24 months try coral or once you have done thorough research about the types since coral is not a easy thing to keep i have a 3-4 month old community tank and i started off with clowns and they make a great addition to anything with their social activity and there playful mind they can go well with almost anything besides big fish or predator fish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 132 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back