DP's Coral Gallery

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2016
Messages
2,808
Reaction score
2,024
Location
Rochester, MN
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I just want to post some pics of my favorite pieces in my tank throughout the years this will allow me to keep a record of what my tank coral colors looked like as well as a place I can direct people who may end up purchasing from me one day. I will try and include the earliest photo of the coral for comparison. So here goes the first coral :) . Also these will be Iphone pics so no editing and they are taken under 100% both white and blue channel black box leds and 2x 5ft Blue plus T-5 bulbs. Feel free to ask any questions!

From Battlecorals: but I am naming this "DP's Mint Chip Sarementosa" . It almost hurts to look at but it displays red polyps with a very vibrant mint colored skin. One of my favs currently in the tank
699F3C0D-6649-48D9-B52C-F0EBC200B1C5_1_105_c.jpeg
Jan1 2018

F1FDB34A-9A2C-42C4-9051-1EE749847E65_1_105_c.jpeg
June 25 2019

Yes this is an old picture but it has since grown and I actually have 2 pieces placed in my tank...One I was just going to toss when I moved the frag but I was persuaded to keep it and see what happened. Well it turned into this :) . It is now starting to show some vertical growth which the frags I made are just spreading like a monti lol.
8A0C60E7-FBA0-4D76-B7E5-EEF4D7865C9C_1_105_c.jpeg
Jan 5 2020
 
Looks like a nice piece. Just curious why you'd want to change the name?

I feel like the name I gave it fits it just a little bit better IMO. But if you are looking for the piece on battlecorals it is "Rainbows Army" . lmk which name fits it better just because I am curious :)
 
Ok so I just got an update of one of my "dream corals" . Here is my...Pikachu I traded for with a local hobbyist!

Pikachu:
A31BACDF-9E88-422C-A6B0-062298481D46_1_105_c.jpeg
July 17 2019

IMG_45141.jpg
This one is under all blues as this is from today. 02/22/20
 
Here are some Zoas I had shipped to me by a fellow hobbyist! Had 19 but I will only post a couple haha. These were taken with only blues on with a 15k filter and macro on an iphone.

This is the one I really wanted: 02/14/20

CB White Walkers
IMG_45131.jpg

Sunny D:
IMG_45101.jpg


Gold Mauls:
IMG_45081.jpg

Hooligan:
IMG_45091.jpg
 
Here is my NEWLEY released chalice. I have been growing this for about a year or two from a small 3/4in frag on the brink of death. It has a nice golden yellow eyes with a light ring near the inside and a redish orange skin with streaks of orange running vertical. The colors on camera do not give this coral Justice. I will get pics of the frags I made soon!
Here it is:

DP's Ring of Fire Chalice
60A9223B-5C9E-441F-BD2D-9BC81D8D763C_1_105_c.jpeg


B096E7BC-046C-4BA0-9374-13D6300FC63E_1_105_c.jpeg



46279722-0776-42D2-A98C-AE0890750A23_1_105_c.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new