OP
OP
RUNVS

RUNVS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did your skimmer go crazy when you added the dr g's?
I unplugged the air hose and ran it that way overnight so it wasn't skimming. When i plugged the air hose back in the next morning it started fine and hasn't gone crazy at all.

thatguyZach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@RUNVS how are things going with the tank now? any recurrence of the bigs or late negative side effects? I have RB in my tank and really don't want to murder my huge pod population.

OP
OP
RUNVS

RUNVS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@RUNVS how are things going with the tank now? any recurrence of the bigs or late negative side effects? I have RB in my tank and really don't want to murder my huge pod population.

So I have not seen another RB anywhere in the tank, corals are starting to recover, my pods were un affected, my shrimp were un affected. I did my first water change last night after the treatment and I have not noticed any issues within the past few weeks. It looks like it worked without any issues for me.

thatguyZach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have not seen another RB anywhere in the tank, corals are starting to recover, my pods were un affected, my shrimp were un affected. I did my first water change last night after the treatment and I have not noticed any issues within the past few weeks. It looks like it worked without any issues for me.
That's excellent you just may have convinced me to take the plunge with this route! My wife has been on my butt about it lol

OP
OP
RUNVS

RUNVS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's excellent you just may have convinced me to take the plunge with this route! My wife has been on my *** about it lol
Yea I was bit skeptical at first as I could not find a lot of information on people doing this but the bugs were frustrating me so decided to give it a shot and I do not regret it! I didn't use a lot only 6 capfulls and it took about 6-8 hours before i noticed the bugs start to disappear off my corals but well worth it

thatguyZach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I was bit skeptical at first as I could not find a lot of information on people doing this but the bugs were frustrating me so decided to give it a shot and I do not regret it! I didn't use a lot only 6 capfulls and it took about 6-8 hours before i noticed the bugs start to disappear off my corals but well worth it
Awesome, I'm ordering it today and will hopefully be treating following your dosage this week.

sk8elenex92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also dosed this directly in my tank for red bugs. I have a packed mixed reef. I didnt lose any snails or crabs, and even noticed bunch of pods on the Chaeto. Definitely works.

thatguyZach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just dosed! It arrived earlier today and I did about 5 1/2 capfuls since my system is a 120 with a emerald 34 sump. Unplugged my skimmer and letting it run!

thatguyZach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far things are looking Good! No loss of pods or inverts. I plugged in my air hose to my skimmer this morning. I'm getting more PE and some color back. Couple pieces that were really bad are at least coloring up more but still no PE but I'm expecting that to come back with time. But I definitely cannot spot any of those stupid RB at the moment :D

OP
OP
RUNVS

RUNVS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear! Yea mine took awhile to color back up and get polyp extension. Glad its working for you so far.

usernam invalid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to run an experiment for myself with this stuff. How many ml/gal is everyone using for in system treatment.

thatguyZach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to run an experiment for myself with this stuff. How many ml/gal is everyone using for in system treatment.
One capful per 30 gallons is what I did mine at based on what @RUNVS did when he ran his. So far I'm seeing good results with that dosage. Just be sure to unplug your skimmer air hose for at least 6 hours

porterreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp this article is a great help for me and bad news for the red bugs I noticed them earlier in the week and no one has interceptor around me! I can't wait to get rid of these things!

porterreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I will be dosing this stuff tonight at midnight and I did some calculations and I'm guessing my total water volume at 250 gallons. From what I see 1 - Cap full is equal to 7mL. so 7mL per 30 gallons would be just over 58mL being dosed into the tank. I took a good handful of the snails and hermits "all that I could grab easily" and put them into my qt system for the time being as an extra precaution!! Wish me luck everyone!!

porterreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright everyone this is after my first treatment and I can say that I don't see any red bugs on any of my corals. Inverts are all alive and nothing crazy happened besides the disappearing red bugs! Here are a few pictures from my phone the frag on the overflow was the original spot I noticed the red bugs.
83acbaac2585cc6b2da9f600d28afc29.jpg
018629c4a487b60cf3569bc2714ca1ca.jpg
ce127233641f336057404427a53a9d7a.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back