Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of phone are you using.

porterreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright everyone I did week 2 of the treatment and I did it despite the lack of physically seeing any trace of red bugs just to be sure. Everything is fine I do not see the tiny cleaner shrimp but that could be missing because my giant serpent star tricked it and had a snack. Also I did notice that some of the hermits and snails die. So I took the shells out and it looks like the living portion of the clean up crew ate the dying/dead portion of the crew. So I ordered a new clean up crew from Liveaquaria.com which isn't a big deal because I was running on a lower number of clean up crew than I should of anyways. I live a long ways from any LFS so online is my only option unless I drive over an hour and a half! Anyways NO RED BUGS

jelazar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have red bugs, but I did have an acro spider infestation in my 40 gallon frag tank.

I tried 1 cap full of Dr. G's. The spiders laughed. I tried a second cap full. More laughter.

I upped the dosage to 1ml/gallon. I haven't been able to find a spider in two weeks.

sk8elenex92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if this would work on Monti nudibranches. Anyone infested with them that would like to experiment. hah

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 1 mL/gallon it seems pretty effective on flatworms. You may have to do multiple treatments to totally eradicate them though.

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so I am giving the whole tank treatment a try for AEFW. I have found a few on a couple of lose colonies that i am able to remove and dip but no eggs however I am smart enough to know that where there is one....theres a hundred! My display is 360g with another 150g in filtration. My plan is to dose once a week for 3 weeks and see what happens. I turned off the return pump and jacked the gyre pumps up to 100% and dosed 360ml into the display. I will leave the return off for about an hour and to give the treatment time to circulate thru the display since that is the only place in my entire system where I have coral. All of the fish are doing fine and I have not seen any fall out from the significant brittle star population that I have. I will continue to inspect the corals where I found worms and report back what i am finding.

OP
OP
RUNVS

RUNVS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so I am giving the whole tank treatment a try for AEFW. I have found a few on a couple of lose colonies that i am able to remove and dip but no eggs however I am smart enough to know that where there is one....theres a hundred! My display is 360g with another 150g in filtration. My plan is to dose once a week for 3 weeks and see what happens. I turned off the return pump and jacked the gyre pumps up to 100% and dosed 360ml into the display. I will leave the return off for about an hour and to give the treatment time to circulate thru the display since that is the only place in my entire system where I have coral. All of the fish are doing fine and I have not seen any fall out from the significant brittle star population that I have. I will continue to inspect the corals where I found worms and report back what i am finding.
Good Luck I hope this works on the AEFW, I battled these little guys last year but didnt even try the in tank treatment again I just went with the Bayer dip of each coral for 8 weeks straight it was daunting to say the least but my tank has been pest free for the past 5 months now!

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked on the tank this morning as usual and all fish, corals and inverts seem to be fine. I did have one positive observation and it could just be my imagination hoping for a positive outcome with this treatment, I noticed much better pe on all of my acros this morning. I usually have great pe but this was even better today.

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked on the tank this morning as usual and all fish, corals and inverts seem to be fine. I did have one positive observation and it could just be my imagination hoping for a positive outcome with this treatment, I noticed much better pe on all of my acros this morning. I usually have great pe but this was even better today.

Good to know, Keep us updated as things go. :)

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, so 1 week has gone by. No loss of snails, hermits or noticeable reduction in pods but I have not seen my cleaner shrimp. I am not too concerned because I have gone weeks without seeing and then it pops up. I inspected all loose sps pieces that were removed and dipped last week prior to the first treatment of Dr. G's and there are no new signs of bite marks, eggs or active worms. I re-dipped one of the colonies that had the most worms on it and nothing came off. I have repeated he 2nd treatment the same way as the first....turned off the return pump, dosed 350 ml to the display and will let it run that way for an hour before turning the return pumps back on. I did not do a water change after last weeks dose but will definitely do one this week.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back