Dr. Sanjay Joshi light schedule?

Straight.Reefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just curious why we don’t see more Radion users using Dr. Sanjay Joshi’s light schedule or something similar??

I understand he keeps a higher nutrient tank and has a tank that is 30inches tall AND I know tank dimensions and nutrient levels might differ from his, but I just never see anyone talking about running his schedule when he clearly has success with his gen 2 pros and now gen 4 pros??

Obviously his schedule would take an acclimation period, but Is it just that most people like a bluer look to the tank?

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just curious why we don’t see more Radion users using Dr. Sanjay Joshi’s light schedule or something similar??

I understand he keeps a higher nutrient tank and has a tank that is 30inches tall AND I know tank dimensions and nutrient levels might differ from his, but I just never see anyone talking about running his schedule when he clearly has success with his gen 2 pros and now gen 4 pros??

Obviously his schedule would take an acclimation period, but Is it just that most people like a bluer look to the tank?
Most LED users tend to ignore his results because it goes against their narrative that LEDs can't be run at high levels because they are too powerful.
Most T5 users ignore his results because it goes against their narrative that T5 results in more growth than LED.
Most MH users ignore his results because they feel left out in the cold because The Great Sanjay left their clan and moved to LED.

sanjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most LED users tend to ignore his results because it goes against their narrative that LEDs can't be run at high levels because they are too powerful.
Most T5 users ignore his results because it goes against their narrative that T5 results in more growth than LED.
Most MH users ignore his results because they feel left out in the cold because The Great Sanjay left their clan and moved to LED.

Very funny, Greg.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very funny, Greg.
Funny cuz it’s true. :)

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:eek:;Wideyed;Smuggrin;):)

I'm not saying you're right, but if the shoe fits...
You also nicely showed how people are quick to accept information that agrees with their preconceived notions while dismissing contradictory information.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, sanjay is successful, but any information on his tank should be followed with fine print at the bottom

*results not typical. your results may vary

That's like saying start living every day with the same routine as a professional athelete and you will perform at their level. Doesn't quite work out like that. Years of expert level experience and intuition are at play here. Not just simply ignoring your nitrate levels and turning all channels up.

But on a side note. Adam at Battlecorals does the same thing with his reef breeders photon v2's. He just runs all channels at 100%

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, sanjay is successful, but any information on his tank should be followed with fine print at the bottom

*results not typical. your results may vary

That applies to any expert and any kind of lighting really..

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so where can I find Sajay's literal Radion settings and lighting schedule? I'm not finding that anywhere

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back