Dr Tim’s WITH fish

Ckrol49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I use dr Tim’s one and only with 2 clownfish in my tank?
120 gallon w/ live rock
Been running for 2 weeks
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
0 nitrate
Crushed coral
2 powerheads
No plumbing yet or lighting

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you sure can. its already been tested to totally control ammonia even if you added fish with the bac. specifically it doesn't harm fish, they've got great bacteria.

true live rock is skip cycle doesn't use bottle bac

adding bottle bac to a live rock setup wont help, they don't have anywhere to attached its all used up.

you can add dr tims to dry rock setups though.

NJBillyV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know people do that but I wanted a more well established bacterial population before I put fish in so I cycled mine the old fashion way using Dr. Tim's Ammonium Chloride. You know, put in the One and Only, add ammonium chloride, wait until certain parameters are reached, add more ammonium chloride, etc. I did it straight up how Dr. Tim's recommends it be done. I think it took 14 days total.

What I liked about doing it that way is that you can add a rather large amount of ammonium chloride directly to the tank and really let the bacterial population grow.

Once you put fish in you kinda put the bacteria on a slow growth route because how much ammonia does 2 fish pooping and excess food product. I liked being able to add the ammonia straight to the tank and let the bacteria population grow. It takes a bit longer but so what, it's better to go slow.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back