Dr. Tim's Ammonium Chloride: 4 drops per gallon is wrong

  • Thread starter Thread starter kinetic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The shrimp needs to decompose in the water for a full 48 hours to release the ammonia. Remove after 72 hours.

I can't find it anymore, it's been there over a week. Tested ammonia close to .5-1 at that time. now it's back to Zero.
 
I think I made the same mistake.
I followed the instructions on the bottle, 4 drops per gallon, and I also believe this was too much.
Still had ammonia, - 2ppm/ but did not want to go down. PH has now dropped to 6.0 where it was 8.oo high range just a few days ago.
Nitrates are off the charts . Nitrate is 2PPM, probably due to having morse balls in the water, that eat some of the nitrate.
I am doing a fishless cycle, and I am now into the second week.

I did a water change, 75% of the water. I will test tomorrow morning , and see what the paramerters are.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new