Dragon soul favia growth

Costareefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2019
Messages
198
Reaction score
143
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this sucker about 8 months. It’s spreading or encrusting over the rock nicely but it’s not generating anymore mouths. What’s the typical growth rate on this coral and where do the new heads come? It doesn’t seem to grow like any other favia I have.

8E10E86E-C868-422F-B619-7955BD21596C.jpeg
 
I’ve had this sucker about 8 months. It’s spreading or encrusting over the rock nicely but it’s not generating anymore mouths. What’s the typical growth rate on this coral and where do the new heads come? It doesn’t seem to grow like any other favia I have.

8E10E86E-C868-422F-B619-7955BD21596C.jpeg
I obtained 9 mouths in about 7 months
 
Large mouth favias tend to grow slower then small mouth variety’s and Favites tend to grow faster then both imo.

ok thank you. He is growing a lot just not adding heads. Here’s a better shot from today. At least better from the stand point of being able to see his growth over the rock.

1380133E-DD63-49A0-8783-16582DB0C73E.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new