Dragon Soul Torch question

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard a few months ago on the reef builders podcast that the dragon soul torch was originally called the holy grail torch until someone found a holier grail torch so the ’holy grail’ torch became the dragon soul torch. Is this true?

Whispers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard a few months ago on the reef builders podcast that the dragon soul torch was originally called the holy grail torch until someone found a holier grail torch so the ’holy grail’ torch became the dragon soul torch. Is this true?
The DS was called a rainbow torch back in the days

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes. Currently really yellow torches are holy grail. Previously orangy purple ones were. Now those are dragon soul, or new york knicks. It's all stupid. Just buy what you like, see in both white and blue lights--otherwise you often can't them apart.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Much like zoas, the name game is a bit out of hand. But, I do have an Indo Gold (couldn't think of another name I guess :D ), Dragon Soul, Hellfire, NY Knicks and CC Goldfinger torches that are technically all "Indo Gold" torches. They are all different in color, shading and tentacle lengths, even if only slightly. I've thought about trying to find a Grail to see what the fuss is about, but I think my torch garden is full (also have a Cotton Candy and an Indo Green w/blue tips). Maybe one day.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much like zoas, the name game is a bit out of hand. But, I do have an Indo Gold (couldn't think of another name I guess :D ), Dragon Soul, Hellfire, NY Knicks and CC Goldfinger torches that are technically all "Indo Gold" torches. They are all different in color, shading and tentacle lengths, even if only slightly. I've thought about trying to find a Grail to see what the fuss is about, but I think my torch garden is full (also have a Cotton Candy and an Indo Green w/blue tips). Maybe one day.
The only difference i can tell, really, is that the holy grail is pure yellow (except tips) under heavy blues. The others are not.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 161 43.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 128 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 56 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 19 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back