• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Dragon Wrasse Fish for trade

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a Dragon Wrasse (also known as Hawaiian Rock Mover Fish) for close to 4 years in a 340 gallon mixed reef aquarium. The fish is beautiful, has a great personality, and is healthy. Aggressive frozen food eater. He's a mixed bag of feelings for me to get rid of. He's cost me hundreds of dollars in frags of corals because he pulled them off the frag rack and buried them in the sand.

He really would do best in an 75 gallon or larger with a nice deep sand bed. Lots of rocks, coral skeletons, and other trinkets buried in the sand for him to dig up and relocate for you! He's able to lift up close to a 1 lb rock in my aquarium and relocate it. He does not eat coral and will not damage corals that are well glued down. I have tons of coral in my tank and so far, knock on wood, he hasn't tried ripping them off rocks. But anything on the frag rack is a target!

He does have a couple small teeth that he uses for digging and gripping rocks. I'm not looking to ship him. I live in Fargo / West Fargo, North Dakota area. Would consider trading for other fish or coral (around $150 in value) and consider reduced trade if anyone can provide expert assistance in catching him. :)

I'd consider trade for around $150 in coral as well I posted in the sell forum too if someone would prefer to pay hard earned cash. If this is a fish for you, I guarantee he will provide tons of entertainment, he does not sit still, he has so much to do, he works all day every day! He sleeps in the sand bed at night and pops his head out of his sleeping area within a few minutes of the lights turning on. I love seeing his sand covered face pop out of the sand bed. He looks so tired and groggy as the lights come on. He quickly fully awakens and begins work on decorating his home. He's 6-8" long. I'm not sure if he'll get much bigger or not, or just get fatter. Please do your research and let me know if you have any questions on this fish. I love him. He's a great fish that gets along well with others. He gives my tangs a run for my money by trying to protect his sleeping area, but it's just the battle for dominance and no injuries have been incurred. I have seen bristles embedded in the side of his mouth, that quickly were gone. I'm nearly 100% positive he digs for and eats bristleworms as well has most any frozen food. He's not a huge fan of pellets or flake, he will occasionally eat pieces of nori. Not sure he does so because he wanted to or because it floated in front of him while he was hungry. :)

I would like to focus more on coral and less on what coral is he going drop sand on or bury next. Please contact me on this forum with any questions!

Here's a couple good pictures I got despite him constantly moving:

Dragon1.jpg dragon2.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back