Dragonet and clown fish can they have a symbiotic relationship?

Feetnthesand!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Thanks for letting me join. I am new to saltwater aquariums thanks to a friend that gave me his established aquarium. Just for tank info-
I have a Mandarin Dragonet, yellow goby (had a paired pistol shrimp but seems he's disappeared) and a new maroon clownfish.
My question is my clownfish seems to have taken quite the liking to my mandarin. Either sitting on him or appearing to be eating off him on occas. Doesn't seem to bother the mandarin.
Anyone else with a strange symbiotic relationship in fish?
I was wanting to get my mandarin a female friend but don't want to upset the tank if the Clown is attached to the mandarin lol.

20160731_125857.jpg

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is hilarious!

kevindo123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be the clownfish has some irritation (an itch) and thought the mandarin can help? Fish sometime do this.

OP
OP
Feetnthesand!

Feetnthesand!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Kevin he is tiny, or so I thought until I got a clown goby. It is even smaller. The maroon clown is still following the mandarin around like a sidekick of batman and Robin lol.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is adorable!

BlueMoods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How adorable.

My yellow tang and foxface did that, those two are always together, sleep in the same cave and, will give those that don't know them a heart attack when the tang brushes sides with the foxface but, old foxface folds his barbs and tang never tail lashes, just friendly rubs. I have a hermit crab that's buddies with my Kenya tree, he will wander off a few inches to eat now and then, but if I move the rock the Kenya is on, crab runs right to it and stays close again.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back