Drain loud into filter sock..

  • Thread starter Thread starter GOSKN5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
No worries at all..just a discussion...

Is it needed? Nope.. does it serve a purpose? Absolutely... just my opinion.. it does what it's supposed to do.. remove particulates from the water... this is the first tank I have used one on and I had a specific need for it..

But I think I will benefit from it
 
No worries at all..just a discussion...

Is it needed? Nope.. does it serve a purpose? Absolutely... just my opinion.. it does what it's supposed to do.. remove particulates from the water... this is the first tank I have used one on and I had a specific need for it..

But I think I will benefit from it
K kewl but maybe try without you can always put it back
 
IMG_20130601_173755.jpg
I have pvc pipe plumbed sticks an inch or so under water line into sock is removable at sock change time and is quite setup when i dial in the herbie overflow (should put gate valve to make this easier )
 
Mine stops at the fitting (top) but I can extend it. Looks like 7 or 8 inches
 
So everytime u change your filtersock u change that sponge or u just rinse it out n put it back on top of the sock?
So I buy the sponges at the dollar store where you get two for a dollar. I just rinse them out when I change the filter sock. I replace them about once a month.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1452445043.652835.jpg
 
So I buy the sponges at the dollar store where you get two for a dollar. I just rinse them out when I change the filter sock. I replace them about once a month.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1452445043.652835.jpg


Thnks for the pic, i will try this :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new