Drain on recirculating skimmer/CO2 scrubber

  • Thread starter Thread starter BriDroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BriDroid

I glue animals to rocks.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Messages
1,707
Reaction score
2,312
Location
Prosper, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this skimmer adapter and scrubber a while back. I’ve been running with the drain on my cup open. Should I close that drain and let it empty into the chamber on the skimmer? It has a float sensor for my Hydros installed, so I can shut the skimmer down if it gets full.

I’m just confused as to which drain I should use.
IMG_0436.jpeg
 
Are you able to have the skimmer cup drain in to a different container?
 
Are you able to have the skimmer cup drain in to a different container?
That’s what I have been doing. I’m just wondering if I’m sucking in air through that hose when it’s not draining.

I’ve reached out to manufacturer to see how they intended this to be setup.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new