Drain plumbing will this work?

Chris Spaulding

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2018
Messages
821
Reaction score
1,101
Location
Colorado Springs
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting ready to plumb a new to me tank. It has dual overflows with a one inch drain in each overflow. Can I combine the two drains in one pipe below the stand into a 1.5 pipe so I only have one pipe going into the sump?
1 inch pipe flow rate gravity fead is 960 gph
1.5 pipe flow rate gravity fead is 2100 gpa.
Attached is a crude drawing showing what I am thinking.
Reason I am thinking this was is I am wanting to use a filter roller and the input pipe on this one is 1.5 .
image.jpg
 
Should work but you might want to have a gate valve on each drain to balance them out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new