Drain return ideas 40b

Well that kit comes with 2. So I guess I would do 1 more. I run a back up drain it sits alittle higher than the main drain. This allows you to valve the main drain down a bit so the water level rises which makes it so much quieter. The water level is above the drain. You run a backup right next to it which is a bit higher so that if the main drain gets clogged or you close the valve to much it will catch the water. So 1 return 2 drains and you will never have water on your floor and it's dead silent. I believe this is kind of the herbie method I figured it out on my own my trial and error. The things you need to order are the 3 bulkheads 1ft of loc line 1 loc line fitting 1 nozzle of your choice round or flat and 2 bulkhead strainers
 
This kit would do good for you. I think the 1.5 bulkhead is kinda overkill. I would try to order it with a 1" so you don't have to buy the extra hole saws. 1" can be used for most tanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new