Dream fish line-up?

Raul-7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assume you had a 10000G reef aquarium; what your stock list look like? [Money is no object].

Please organize by family of fish.

Jasc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SurgeonFish: 100x regal tangs, 400: Yellow tangs 800x purple tangs 60x sohal tangs.

Clownfish: 500x Orange clownfish 200x Snowflake, 100x Maroon.

400X One spot rabbitfoxface.

cWRASSES:400x Six-line wrasses, 100X pink streaked wrasse

Damsels; Azure damsel x 400 Blue damsels x 700 talbolt damsles

Anthias: Square spot anthias x 300 Evansi anthias 400x red saddled anthias x 140 Lyre tail anthias 200x

I would suspect all this in 100k g

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yurple tang. Yes yurple, yellow and purple mix, biota has one for 10k!!! Achilles tang school. All the big angel fish, at least one of each. Tangs too. Multiple eels… pretty much the kinds of fish I have now but lots of kinds!

Jasc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assume you had a 10000G reef aquarium; what your stock list look like? [Money is no object].

Please organize by family of fish.
For Invertebrates

100x Cleaner shrimp

100x pistol shrimp

3000 Hermit Crabs

80x Zebra eels

100x Sexy shrimp

400x peppermint shrimp

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think with 10k gallons you get the ability to collect multiples of some really large fish and really aggressive fish within the same environment.

For me I like the small fish. And all those lil critters that live in every nook and cranny of the rock work to me makes a good reef come alive. And in a tank of those proportions all the little gobies and blennies are lost to the expanse of water. You don't get close enough to even spot them.

The dream stock list for me is going to include groups of some fish - Yellow tangs, purple tangs, Hippo tangs, and then Highlight fish. While in a 10k gallon aquarium it might be amazing to watch 6 Achilles schooling together across the tank, I think the dynamic beauty of an Achilles might be lost in that situation. Groups of Zebrasommas and Hepatus, some worker tangs like Chevron, Flame tail - And then some show off tangs - Black, Gems, Malidives Powder Blue (look it up if you don't think there is a difference), an Achilles, a pair of mature blond Nasos.

Then adding to the mix of tangs would be an insane Angel collection - Personatus, Goldflake, Colini, Venustus, Harem of Flames, Joculator trio, interruptus harem, bellus harem, and a dozen more small pygmys.

And then comes what I call the doinker fish. These are the inexpensive fish that really fill out a reef aquarium, and in my opionion makes a reef tank a reef tank more than a fish tank with corals. Pseudochromis (by the dozens), Bar Gobies, FireFish Gobies (Schools of both), Cluster of Royal Grammas, Pair of Dejongi Grammas, Brilliant Black Cap Basslets, walls covered in assesors, barnacle blennies, red spotted blennies, all the varietes of mandarin gobies. Neon Gobies, Clown Gobies, Red Cap Gobies, Green Stripe Gobies, 100 eviota and trimma gobies. And Damsels - Lots and Lots and lots of selected Damsels - Starkii, Corazon, Springeri, Stegassi, Kupang, Talbots - All great community fish and not typical of the Damsel Stereo type.

And then the few oddities - Dragon Faced Pipefish, Blue stripe pipes and Janss pipefish. While I would love to be able to add the banded and multi-banded pipes to the list as well as some of the other less frequently seen pipes - I personally haven't been successful in keeping them long terms.

Dave B

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yurple tang. Yes yurple, yellow and purple mix, biota has one for 10k!!! Achilles tang school. All the big angel fish, at least one of each. Tangs too. Multiple eels… pretty much the kinds of fish I have now but lots of kinds!
Yurple tangs are neat, but I would be so scared of owning one and have it just die a week after getting it

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a giant block of rock and coral from aruba. Then i would probobly stock it with about 200x atlantic blue tangs. along with a bunch of other fish native to aruba that i dont know the names of.
also since i have this giant block i would also basically have a crap load of naturally reproducing charismas tree worms.
Perfect tank for me to go scuba diving in my own house.
i also would probable add a giant torch garden of every touch out there but not much else.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back