Drew's COVID Sanity 30-long Build

D York 24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In order to keep my brain sane all the while being sheltered-in-place with two kids under the age of three, I've decided to purchase a used innovative marine (IM) all-in-one (AIO) Nuvo 30-gallon long from a fellow reefer through Bay Area Reefers (BAR). I currently am running a 10-gallon Nuvo, which has been a roller coaster since September 2019. The 10-gal will be moved into my shelter-from-home makeshift office and 30-gal will be setup in the living room. I will be aquiring the 30-gal on Saturday, July 18th. So far I have ordered and/or purhcased the following equipiment:

-IM Nuvo 30-gal long
-IM Nuvo 30-gal long stand (wood with black coating)
-x2 Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5 return pumps (~350gph/ea) with OXO rubber base (for vibration)
-x2 Sicce Syncra Silent 1.0 return pumps (backups)
-x2 Random flow generators and adapters from Vivid Aquatics
-x2 Jabeo DC pumps ~1050 gph (probably not going to use)
-x2 Kessil 360we with rigid mounting arms and 90 degree adapters
-Kessil Spectral Controller
-x1 backup light - Maxspect Razor (R420R) - 160 watt, 16k with mounting legs
-x3 media baskets for various mechanical, biological (inlcuding fuge), and chemical filtration
-x5 filter socks
-x1 magnetic fuge light
-Aquamaxx HOB 1.5 Skimmer
-IM Universal UV Sterilizer - 10 watt with pump
-IceCap 2k gyre with Wifi
-x2 Jabeo SLM-30 Wifi sine wavemakers (not arrived from China yet)
-x1 Korlia nano 425 gph and x1 Korlia nano 250 wavemakers
-x1 1050gph wavemaker (Amazon Special)
-X(?)lbs of Live rock (still wanting on final lbs)
-40lbs of live sand - 20lbs of Carbi-Sea special grade and 20lbs of Carbi-sea Bimini Pink
-x1 X1 Koamer Bluetooth Dosing Pump
-x1 Seaside Aquatics Dosing tube holder (holds 4 lines)
-x3 DIY Voss glass dosing Containers with acrylic feed tubes and heater shrunk magnetic stirring bead
-x1 DIY magnetic stirrer using washer and dual computer fans
-x1 InkBird Wifi Heater Controller with dual heater sockets
-x1 Eheim 125W and x1 penn 150w redundent heater
-x1 AutoAqua Micro ATO
-x1 5 stage rodi unit with Aquatec 8800 booster pump, 2 di canisters, 1 ro canister (100gph), 1 carbon, 1 sediment canister, and digital TDS meter.
x2 small 30-gal food grade trash cans on wheels for ro/di and salt water storage.

Updated pictures, equipment, and livestock will be added when things start coming together.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Following along!!

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang that's sounding like a pretty boss setup! I have an IM Nuvo Fusion 40 with a lot of the same components and I love it! I've been considering getting the Aquamaxx HOB skimmer as the IM Ghost Skimmer just doesn't seem to do much for me. I'll be interested to see how it works for you with this setup.

OP
OP
D York 24

D York 24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang that's sounding like a pretty boss setup! I have an IM Nuvo Fusion 40 with a lot of the same components and I love it! I've been considering getting the Aquamaxx HOB skimmer as the IM Ghost Skimmer just doesn't seem to do much for me. I'll be interested to see how it works for you with this setup.

Thanks Matt, I'll follow up with you when I get it all setup to let you know how the skimmer is doing. You a fellow Hokie? Originally from VA but moved out west 10yrs ago.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back