Drilling a Aqueon 40 gallon breeder

Hello I just purchased a used Aqueon 40 breeder. I’m trying to find out how to tell if any of the panels are tempered to be able to drill it. I’ve looked at charts on their website but I don’t know how updated they are.
I wouldn't drill it without using the trick mentioned in one of the earlier posts. Aqueon tanks are mass produced. Not a ton of attention to detail. Only 1 side of my 40 breeder was not tempered glass.

The trick is to make sure you know what to look for when using polarized sunglasses. The screen will go completely dark. If you're questioning whether or not it's dark, then it's probably tempered.
 
Aqueon 40 breeder should not have tempered glass. At least mine didnt. I'd still do the sunglasses trick mentioned above just be be safe :) and welcome to R2R
Last time I called aqueon about this, they said they use both tempered and not tempered depending on lot numbers. I gave them my lot number and they confirmed mine was not. Only took about 5 minutes.

@op when you're ready to drill, just remember to go way slower than you feel is appropriate.
 
So I guess i am going to drill it as I got a prodigy M overflow box on the way and it is coming with a free diamond drill bit for some reason. I got only $50 bucks into this tank so if it blows up on me I can porbably handle it financially OK.
 
Welcome to R2R. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed, as you have probably noticed. :)
 
Bom Dia Hello GIF


Welcome to R2R!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new