Drilling Holes in Tank

hube

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2023
Messages
94
Reaction score
25
Location
U.S.
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, so I’m going to be drilling holes in my 75 gallon tank for both overflows and returns. I’m going to be using an Eclipse L from Eshopps, and they provided the bit as well as a guide so I’m good there, but I’m confused as to how large I should make a hole for my return. The overflow drill bit size is 60mm, would I make my return 60mm as well? Should I do 25mm/1 inch instead? My return pump’s output nozzle is 1 inch, would I match that? Also, when it comes to where the return should be positioned, is there a rule of thumb as to the height it should be compared to the overflow? How low/high? Anything helps, thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new