Drip acclimation

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does everyone use for drip acclimation ?

I currently use a air line abs loosely tie a knot in the end to slow down siphon .
I know there is and must be a easier piece of equipment such as a Iv hose with the roller to slow ?
Pictures and where to get it from would help .
thanks in advance

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to rain on your post, but, I’ve been in this hobby over 25 years and I have never drip acclimated anything. This goes from the highest and Acros to anemones to inverts and everything in between. Never lost a thing with floating new life stock in a bag for 20 minutes then adding a small amount of tank water to the bag before introduction to the tank.
sorry, that wasn’t much of an answer to your question.

Dolphis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Innivative Marine accudrip - it’s cheap and I like the “upgrade” over airline with a knot

Attachments

• DB735C97-67F6-4405-B6BE-214A56C8AACB.jpeg
    DB735C97-67F6-4405-B6BE-214A56C8AACB.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
Rmckoy

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to rain on your post, but, I’ve been in this hobby over 25 years and I have never drip acclimated anything. This goes from the highest and Acros to anemones to inverts and everything in between. Never lost a thing with floating new life stock in a bag for 20 minutes then adding a small amount of tank water to the bag before introduction to the tank.
Water from lfs goes into your tank with new livestock ?

OP
OP
Rmckoy

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the day I used to float and that was it .

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does everyone use for drip acclimation ?

I currently use a air line abs loosely tie a knot in the end to slow down siphon .
I know there is and must be a easier piece of equipment such as a Iv hose with the roller to slow ?
Pictures and where to get it from would help .
thanks in advance

Airline with a knot works good enough, because it doesn't have to be accurate or last long.

I have used the IV roller tubing thing for dripping kalk, and it would probably work better for acclimation too if you can get ahold of one.

OP
OP
Rmckoy

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Airline with a knot works good enough, because it doesn't have to be accurate or last long.

I have used the IV roller tubing thing for dripping kalk, and it would probably work better for acclimation too if you can get ahold of one.
I haven’t been able to get one yet .
My wife has nurses as family members .

GregDaKeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same old airline hose. Float for a hour or two. Drip half volume of packing water, then remove half and Drip half and straight to QT

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

biophilia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the loosely-knotted airline method too. That being said, if they are fish that have been shipped or in a bag for more than a few hours, be careful with any method that is going to raise the pH of the water they are in and keep them in that water for any length of time. It can cause a shift from relatively low toxicity ammonium to more deadly free ammonia.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went for broke and got a Reef-Gently Acclimate. It works extremely well both for drip acclimation and as an in tank acclimation box. Expensive but given it's a 2-in-1 item I felt it worth it.

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the output from my carbon reactor into a bucket. I dial in the drip rate with the manifold valve. I’ve got one of my feed modes on my Apex triggering a virtual outlet that shuts off my ATO, and links my sump optical switch with my auto water change pump to maintain my sump level!
A heater in the bucket keeps the water warm plus gives a place for the fish to hide.

20D89225-0BE9-4875-AA75-AF4ACCED71FA.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%

Back