Drip dosing kalk with medical feed pump?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MattL22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 2, 2010
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
37
Location
Longisland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So vie decided I wanna add kalk to my tank because my tank does great when I use it but don't wanna dose it through my ato to risky I've over kalked tank 2 times that way so basicly I wanna get a close estimate of my evaporate rate and drip that through the kalk
Will a kangaroo medical feed pump be a good pump for this? I was offered a used one for good price

Thanks for help / suggestions
 
I have never used that type of pump before. You can try using an Iv drip set(macro) with a 1000cc Na Ca bag and regulate drips/min.(Drain 9% solution) Thats what i've been using for a while now.
 
Well that's fine but I work and like to go away once in a while! Plus like dripping throughout day keep things super stable!

Anyone use this pump ???
 
I don't think many people have used that pump since brand new you can buy a good 3 pump dosing system. But if you can get it for under what a single brs pump is try it out. It's medical grade so it should be good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new