drop a photo..

jskoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one of my favorite fish. for some reason our tank can’t keep one happy or healthy. do you have any tips?
To be honest, don’t really have any tips. He seems happy and has been growing. I guess the only thing I do is I do not scrape the algae off the sides of the tank, only the front. Started noticing “kiss” marks on the glass where he was eating algae. Does a pretty good job of cleaning.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh goodness! what is happening? is the tank not holding up?
Seems to be separating right in the middle where the front Paine meets the bottom. I was hoping this tank would last me 5-10 years but the separation is more than half way down in less than 2 years. I have a 3 year warranty and it seems like the tank maker should step up and replace because obviously that is not right and it continues to grow. I reached out to them last year when it started and they brushed me off saying it was no big deal and its nothing to worry about. This tank is in my living room and will do thousands of dollars in damages when it leaks. I hope they do the right thing and replace but I doubt it. Still waiting to hear back from them. It would be a nightmare to change out tanks even if they replaced it for me my tank is so grown in...Wish me luck. This company is big enough that replacing my small tank would not even begin to hurt them. I would even offer to pay the shipping if they would send a replacement. Every thing about this hobby for me is on a super tight budget so just buying another tank is out of the question. Either it gets fixed or I shut it down and quit probably forever. this is breaking my heart my tank is my salvation

OP
OP
tailoftwogobies

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be separating right in the middle where the front Paine meets the bottom. I was hoping this tank would last me 5-10 years but the separation is more than half way down in less than 2 years. I have a 3 year warranty and it seems like the tank maker should step up and replace because obviously that is not right and it continues to grow. I reached out to them last year when it started and they brushed me off saying it was no big deal and its nothing to worry about. This tank is in my living room and will do thousands of dollars in damages when it leaks. I hope they do the right thing and replace but I doubt it. Still waiting to hear back from them. It would be a nightmare to change out tanks even if they replaced it for me my tank is so grown in...Wish me luck. This company is big enough that replacing my small tank would not even begin to hurt them. I would even offer to pay the shipping if they would send a replacement. Every thing about this hobby for me is on a super tight budget so just buying another tank is out of the question. Either it gets fixed or I shut it down and quit probably forever. this is breaking my heart my tank is my salvation
I would write them again reminding them of your warranty that they indeed guarantee their tank with.. also get a mailing address for the company or headquarters or even the owners mailing address if possible & send ( this is going to sound so old school ) but a certified letter.. sometimes people or companies wake up when a letter is sent as well and possibly a few more emails. I personally would hate to see anyone in this hobby go through what you're experiencing especially if the company is 'at fault.' best of luck to you and your tank!

OP
OP
tailoftwogobies

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest, don’t really have any tips. He seems happy and has been growing. I guess the only thing I do is I do not scrape the algae off the sides of the tank, only the front. Started noticing “kiss” marks on the glass where he was eating algae. Does a pretty good job of cleaning.
I'm wondering if this is what's happening to ANY blenny we've attempted in our tank.. we keep our glass extremely clean and our CUC is really on point.. maybe the blennies are starving :(

OP
OP
tailoftwogobies

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took this picture because of how impressed I am with my pistol shrimp’s architectural skills. Propped the “door” open with plugs and shells.
They were empty though, so no corals were harmed. :) I left them for him to use.
25947387-19AD-4C32-8EAE-EDF5165ED7CA.jpeg
I thought I responded to this & maybe I did.. but this is literally the coolest idea I've seen thus far for their little 'digs' haha ours is currently going wild in the tank.. ill post some pictures tonight. he's made new caves.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 137 60.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.8%
Back