Dropped a tiny screw in my tank!!!

so wait. its stainless steel screw and everyone is freaking out. But no one has any issues with SS prop shafts in pumps, SS screws in submersible pumps. Having blades on your glass scrapers just sitting in the tank. a tiny screw isn't going to do squat.
My screws in my pumps are titanium.
 
I don’t know ( I really mean that, it’s uncertain what the screw may be exactly and I’m not an expert) but look at the stainless fragging tools we have. How many of those rust?

If it’s not designed to be in a marine environment, it just wouldn’t be worth the risk for me.
 
Had a 1" screw from the canopy fall into the tank (120 gal) somewhere among the rocks a few years ago. Couldn't find it no matter what trick I tried. Didn't create any issues. Did run carbon 24/7 though.
 
Ive had a screw fall and just left it alone with no ill effects even with ICP test.
If you must retrieve it, I recommend a cheap magnet from Wmart or harbor freight as it too may rust after you use it.

1593133996594.png
 
Unless it's brass I wouldn't worry about it. I've dropped screws in the tanks off and on for 20 years and never noticed any problem.
 
Mmm, there’s a small fragment of a razor blade in mine. Been there for months. Haven’t hurt the fish or the coral. Don’t know where it’s at. I Wouldn’t worry about it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new