• Kessil A160we

Results are only viewable after voting.

6TankReefer9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a continuation to my previous post, seems that the options have now narrowed down to two choices for my 12x12x12 build with BTA as the focal point. Please cast your vote for the AI Prime HD+ or Kessil A160we! Also, if you have one of the two, please list any concerns or changes you would do... Also, if you have one of the two for sale for a reasonable price I'm willing to consider buying good used ones.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to have the spectrum change over the day like some blues at night you have to buy the kessil controller and if you want moonlights it can't do that at all.

Kessil are fine to run with a timer, but for the price point they quite under featured. Consider the new kessils x 360 series can run as moonlights and has violet, red, green controls ... Well the AI already has that.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil are really sweet lights but either choice you won’t go wrong AT ALL! At this point it’s more of a visual choice if you can swing by your LFS some use these lights on display tanks that will give you an idea, Kessils have a focus point or spot light you can say but mostly noticeable on long tanks 12x12 you probably won’t have that problem. Also these lights are Build great I grabbed a used A160 for my frags in my sump love it!

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually like the look of the prime [emoji23]
I dont like goosenecks for a display for any light though. Cleanest look of either light if available is a hanging kit. I do have a gooseneck for my kessil H 80 in my sump couldnt bring myself to trust my ability to screw into the top of my cabinet.

Entire post above is opinion. Both lights have ample tanks that grow thriving corals.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my prime’s go for it you won’t regret it
IMG_2388.JPG

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are great lights. The Prime has more features and flexibility with spectrum (out of the box anyway), but the Kessil has the best color blending on the market. For a tank that size, I'd personally go AI Prime, but you really can't go wrong with either choice. I love how you can share AI presets, have a lunar cycle, mimic storms, and manage the AI lights via smartphone, plus you can grow whatever you want on a tank that size.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back