Dry Rock Cycle

devin.reed2000

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2023
Messages
53
Reaction score
13
Location
Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I’m currently cycling my fluval flex 32.5g and am using dry rock in conjunction with live sand and Brightwell Aquatics’ Dry Rock starter kit (start xlm, quik cycle, and clean). I’m also dosing Microbacter 7. Below are values I recorded on my cycle thus far. The readings I got tonight seemed weird….should I retest or is this normal? Any advice would be helpful as this is my first reef tank, thanks =)

PS, I’m using the Red Sea test kit.

IMG_1774.jpeg
 
Fairly normal. At some point your ammonia will drop, and you'll see a slight uptick in nitrites. When your tank has cycled you'll have no or trace ammonia, trace nitrites and higher nitrates.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new