Dry Side Flew Off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up my 2 new Mp40s. One of them, almost immediately upon starting it, seemed to fly off the tank. The casing next to the glass has a plastic ring that cracked and that pump and a tiny bit louder than the other. However after turning it off, sticking it back on and turning it back on again, it seems to be holding fine and responding fine. Is something faulty? What happened? Did I somehow manage to damage an expensive, brand new pump?

Somewhat unrelated question, but since my Radions are linked to the Vortechs, is it possible to have the Radions randomly go into storm mode once in a while and the pumps concurrently mimic stormy seas? Is there a way to program a percentage chance for that to happen for a short while every few days?

hwntunda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What setting was the Vortech set at? Possibly if it was at pulse or any high velocity setting/rate it could have kicked itself off of the glass.

Treasure Coast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably didn't have the magnets 100% lined up, they never really just pop off.. If you call ecotech they might replace it for free. From my experience their customer service is really good.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you use the wire stickies and zip ties provided to secure the dry side wires to the tank. That will ensure that if the dry side ever decouples, it won’t fall off the tank and get damaged.

Bronx_Discuss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adjust speed slowly especially from going from the lowest to highest. Mine separated when it I had it at wave mode and accidentally brushed up on the dial and went to full blast. Bam. Wet side flew and dry side was luckily zip tied tight and didn’t really move.

OP
OP
A

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was literally upon plugging it in for the first time. I believe it was just on the continuous mode and I the upper percentage (80ish?). 8 hasn't adjusted or touched anything since this was the first time plugging it in.
I used the right "plate" that came with it (3/4"for my reefer 750). I felt they were pretty well lined up, but maybe not.
The one that fell has a bit louder of a pulsating hum now than the other. The other is essentially dead silent, this one you can hear the faint hum if you are relatively close to it. I'll give them a call Monday and see what they say.

easily_fishstracted

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was literally upon plugging it in for the first time. I believe it was just on the continuous mode and I the upper percentage (80ish?). 8 hasn't adjusted or touched anything since this was the first time plugging it in.
I used the right "plate" that came with it (3/4"for my reefer 750). I felt they were pretty well lined up, but maybe not.
The one that fell has a bit louder of a pulsating hum now than the other. The other is essentially dead silent, this one you can hear the faint hum if you are relatively close to it. I'll give them a call Monday and see what they say.

i have been having issues with an MP10 that makes odd noises and then separates, and have had pretty crappy customer service thus far, albeit all channeled via an EU distributor. I'm still waiting for a resolution, but i'm thinking about switching to a gyre and just spending the next couple months discouraging people on R2R from buying into this, that's how irritating this process has been.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back