Drywall got in tank.

Bugeater281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I messed up a bit. My new tank is in my basement and the basement is unfinished. I drywalled behind what’re the tank will be. I didn’t realize how messy the dust would be(first time doing drywall. I’m pretty sure I got some drywall dust in the tank. Now here the problem. A few spots I accidentally sanded through the drywall paper. And the drywalling I was using is the mold resistant stuff. I don’t think I got a ton in it. But my tank has a closed loop installed on the bottom. So there around a 1/4 of water in it(bulkhead hieght).

So I’m curious if a filter sock and some carbon would be sufficient. Or if I should actually go and dry the tank out with towels. Due to the closed loop, I can’t just remove the tank and spray it out.

So thoughts?

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any fish or livestock?? If not best would be to empty and clean. Drywall dust would get through socks.

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got drywall dust in tanks multiple times, never seen a problem with it yet even in full SPS systems

OP
OP
Bugeater281

Bugeater281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any fish or livestock?? If not best would be to empty and clean. Drywall dust would get through socks.

No this tank is getting set up. All my rock is cured, but was hoping to fill the week.

Back