Dsnakes 125g Mixed Reef

So...despite the Wrasse situation... I just ordered the most expensive fish I will have ;Nailbiting please don’t tell my wife!

Gem Tang coming ;Woot
;Drool;Wacky;Woot
 
I felt like it was too good of a deal to pass up if I ever wanted to own one...

I was seriously sweating placing the order...and I probably won’t stop sweating until it’s through QT. Thursday the 20th arrival!
Going all in I see. Congratulations!

 
I had a melanarus with a chunk taken out of its back so deep that I could see the exposed spine. I treated it in a hospital tank for a full month with just melafix and it bounced back fully, minus a small dent where the injury was. The key is keeping up with the medication, keep stress in the hospital tank to a minimum and keep the fish well fed.
 
Freshly cleaned QT running for the Wrasse if I can catch it. What’s the best treatment for the open wound? Today it is more red than these pictures for sure. Fairly deep as well. I have methelyne blue, furan 2, kanaplex, and a few others.

DB85D913-992E-417E-8E23-5930802108D2.jpeg


868A5A49-7FB5-49FD-A4F0-9FE01F77E414.jpeg
 
He’s caught and in the QT. #reefsquad

I need some advice on treatment plan from the fish docs. My yellow Wrasse was bitten by my Dwarf Golden Moray. He ate my smaller one I think ;Dead

I’ve just caught him and placed in a fresh QT to treat. First two pics from yesterday and last pic with more red from today.
DC500301-653A-4349-B534-6D12B4AF3BE9.jpeg
60C56FD7-7462-4329-9A08-6FA4199D2234.jpeg

186F8EB4-FB91-4E8B-B993-9B520BA08CD0.jpeg
 
I might know some people ;)


Yes, he is eating. That’s how I caught him! Distracted with food.

Eating is a huge advantage in itself, and hes out and about. Tough little yellow soldier ;)
 
So...despite the Wrasse situation... I just ordered the most expensive fish I will have ;Nailbiting please don’t tell my wife!

Gem Tang coming ;Woot

Congratulations on the Gem! I would agree treating the wrasse injury with metro, furan and kanaplex.. good luck with him, pretty fish.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new