DT vs Reed Mariculture vs Ocean Magic

keddre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't sure where is the best place to put this, but what are your take on DT vs Reed Mariculture vs Ocean Magic as I hear great things about Reed Mariculture but never the other two. I feed a boatload of these and was wondering which you have used as I'm trying to get the most bang for my buck without their health sacrificing.

Thanks

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally am a Reef Nutrition fan. I use a lot of their products (R.O.E., Oyster-Feast, Phyto-Feast, and TDO being the heaviest used) and have never had any water quality issues related to the use of these products.

I have used Ocean Magik before, but not DT. Comparing Ocean Magik and RN; I just felt like I got a higher quality product for my money with RN and what I consider to be a minimal price difference. It is a lot denser which leads to needing to use less per feeding.

If you are interested, I found this thread that compares RN phyto feast with other brand phytoplankton blends: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/algae-education.296530/

Out of curiosity, what are you trying to feed?

OP
OP
keddre

keddre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are interested, I found this thread that compares RN phyto feast with other brand phytoplankton blends: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/algae-education.296530/
Thanks, I just finished reading it and got some good info on how to change how I base my deals

It is a lot denser which leads to needing to use less per feeding
This will be a big difference for me because I am feeding a ton and could use the more feedings/bottle

Out of curiosity, what are you trying to feed?
I have two flame scallops, 2 coco worms, 3 feather dusters and a sea apple :) I'm an invert fan

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two flame scallops, 2 coco worms, 3 feather dusters and a sea apple :) I'm an invert fan

They will enjoy the Phyto-Feast. I have had all of those and they not only survived, but thrived and grew on Phyto-Feast.

OP
OP
keddre

keddre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will enjoy the Phyto-Feast. I have had all of those and they not only survived, but thrived and grew on Phyto-Feast.
Cool. For the past few months I've been feeding home cultured phyto, but since adding the see Apple, it doesn't reproduce quicker than he is needing it

OP
OP
keddre

keddre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you need bigger culture container...or more...;)
lol, I have two 10 gallon tanks, I could probably squeeze a five gallon down there, but it's too tight space wise. I'm just ready to break down and start paying someone to culture for me at this point ;Greedy

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the RN stuff in my auto feed doser. I use the R.O.E. (everything in the tank loves it), mysis feast, and oyster feast. I also target feed some of the Dr g. Stuff to the corals. The RN stuff is great since it stays in suspension without agitation. They're all pretty good foods though.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back