Dual AP700s making me crazy...

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should join your home wifi after setup, when you connect to the kessil wifi, it should ask you about your home wifi, and you enter your password and it connects to that. all configurations should happen on your home wifi, not the kessil wifi.

Last edited:

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So at 10:00 pm it starts to ramp down and gets very dim like 1%. In the morning it does not ramp up it’s off one minute and then on the program says it’s 1% but it’s considerably brighter than the lowest setting when ramping down. Why can’t the up be Same brightness as ramp down??

I would start by removing most of the points in the initial ramp time. You should start at 0% @ 7:55am, then add a point 1% @ 8:00am, then another point 10% @ 10am, then add your mid day peak, then ramp down to 10%, then to 1% (5 minutes later 0% as your last point). You should have 7 points total? This has worked for both of my ap700's since I started them. I only raise the first and last ramp intensity the same amount I adjust the mid day peak when increasing the intensity. Hopefully this makes sense?

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI there are multiple discrepancies that Kessil is currently working on with the AP700. Some of these include the wrong blue setting being displayed as the lights dim (bluer shade is displayed), unable to delete weather effects once added to a program (it delete but the effect still occurs), lights flickering on/off during day and night.

They stated they were working on them but 5 months after the issue was brought up to them, they have since failed to reply to my emails concerning about a time table for when these issues would get fixed through a firmware update.

Overall the light itself can be a headache to fine tune. Feel free to relay your issues to their rep.

Point of contact
Lai
[email protected]

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should join your home wifi after setup, when you connect to the kessil wifi, it should ask you about your home wifi, and you enter your password and it connects to that. all configurations should happen on your home wifi, not the kessil wifi.
Josh,

I tried again. While I can get both ap700s on the same grouping, I can only control it when I am directly connected to the kessil Wi-Fi. If I switch over to my home Wi-Fi, it loses the lamps as options to control. When in the process did you sync it over with your Wi-Fi? I went through all five steps already
9c55f77afc2252cd5c57abbdbd171630.jpg

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im using all Android products fyi. Instructions on manual you attached were for Apple products. Wonder if this id only available for Apple IOS?

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am android as well. First step has you pick your SSID and input the password after connecting.

Do you have the latest firmware on both lights?

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I couldn't even configure my lights until I had them on my wifi, and then the app told me to switch to my wifi to configure them.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am android as well. First step has you pick your SSID and input the password after connecting.

Do you have the latest firmware on both lights?
I believe so. Updated them back in December. Ive had these since they first came out and never been able to control them outside of directly connecting to each unit.

If I want to edit the program, I have to goto one of them and change the settings. Then logon directly to the other one and once I do that, I hit refresh then the 2nd lamp syncs with the new programming.

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this what you are doing? At this point, I would recommend backing up your light programs, and using the reset app data button to start over. I have a feeling you are looking at the Connect Direct to Ap700 directions, and not the ones that involve pressing 2 buttons at the same time.

On lamp 1 only.

Turn on AP700.
Press Down arrow and + at same time until wifi indicator flashes.
Open Kessil App, press next.
Connect to AP700 Wifi on phone settings
Select Home wifi network, enter password. App should now tell you to connect to home wifi, if it doesn't, do it anyway.
Press Set Next Lamp and Add Another AP700.

Now, lamp 2.

Turn on AP700.
Press Down arrow and + at same time until wifi indicator flashes.
Open Kessil App, press next.
Connect to AP700 Wifi on phone settings
Select Home wifi network, enter password. At this point connect back to the first AP700 wifi
Press Next and Press Done.

When prompted by "Search device again" pop-up, press "No" if you find all your lights on the screen. Press "Yes" if you do not.

Wait approx. 2 minutes for data to load and for lamp interface(s) to appear. The AP700(s) can now be controlled via app. If no new lamp interface appears, press in the top right corner.

Back