Dual purpose camera?

Austin Lee

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2015
Messages
145
Reaction score
61
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

I've been lurking this forum for a bit and decided to make a post of my own. I could use some advice on a camera.

For reference, I'm shooting wide shot and close ups of the aquarium (@austinsreef on IG if you care), and would like a camera that can also run video for YouTube. However, my budget isn't huge. I'm looking at buying a Canon T7i and a macro lens for those close up shots.

Thoughts?
 
That's a serious camera if all you want is wide FTS's and close ups.

I use an Olympus Tough camera I got used off Ebay for under $200 in like new condition. It takes very good photos and can go in the tank, underwater and gets incredible close ups with the macro setting. We also use it when we go snorkeling in the Florida Keys (go to 40 feet deep). Besides that it shoots video and eliminates having the aquarium glass between the camera and the close up subject. So the videos are almost like you are scuba diving in the tank! I also use a Nikon P900 bridge camera for everything else as it has a 24mm to 2000mm zoom lens built-in.

Let me know if you want to see examples from either camera or ask about anything related to them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new