Duncan Coral Clear Tenticle

new2reefin

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2017
Messages
90
Reaction score
20
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Duncan that is doing well but the other day I noticed a clear spiral type tentacle that extended from its mouth about 4inches with a sort of ball like tip on the end. My clown fish swim by and tried to eat it but spit it back out. I can’t find any information about this. Does anyone know what this is? Don’t have any pics currently.
 
Photo would be helpful. Nothing immediately comes to mind as to what it might be...
 
Found out today that corals can expel food that they have already eaten. I think that may be what was extending from the mouth of the Duncan. If it happens again I will definitely take a picture.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new