Duncan coral head peeling

wcab.1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2023
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
Location
La Canda Flintridge
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg


Had this Duncan for around 4 months. It has been perfectly healthy and recently began sprouting new heads.

All of a sudden, I come home to see the head is peeling off. Any reasons why?
 
What are the most recent parameters? Salinity, alk, calcium, temp, ph, nitrate?
 
image.jpg


Had this Duncan for around 4 months. It has been perfectly healthy and recently began sprouting new heads.

All of a sudden, I come home to see the head is peeling off. Any reasons why?
+1 on parameters. Duncan’s are a canary coral in my experience.
 
image.jpg


Had this Duncan for around 4 months. It has been perfectly healthy and recently began sprouting new heads.

All of a sudden, I come home to see the head is peeling off. Any reasons why?
Things that will cause this:
Too much water flow
Too much light
Low calcium
Elevated Phosphates
Insufficient feeding
The crab in pic??
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new