Durso Standpipe...Why did I wait this long!?!?

EllisJuan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My god, what a difference. Today I built a Durso Standpipe to replace the factory standpipe that came with my Marineland RR 65g. No more gurgling! I also built it about a 1/2" taller to reduce the waterfall sound of the overflow. Between swapping out my Mag 7 pump for a Jebao DC-3000 yesterday and the new Durso, my tank is now literally silent. The only thing I hear now is the fans from my old metal halide fixture. When my new LED fixture gets here that should be gone as well.

If anyone has been thinking about building a Durso, I highly recommend it. Total game changer.

Assyrianfishguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you give some info as to what you did. cant seem to get my durso to work at all.

i have three 1.5 drains and a super hydro reeflow return pump.

thank you

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like DIY and the Durso try building a Stockman, its even quieter.

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using durso drain pipe but once i used the stockman's drain pipe i decided that i will never use the durso, It can hand much better flow than durso, quieter than durso and takes less space than durso, On my current built i am using one 2" stockman drain and i don't hear anything...

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using durso drain pipe but once i used the stockman's drain pipe i decided that i will never use the durso, It can hand much better flow than durso, quieter than durso and takes less space than durso, On my current built i am using one 2" stockman drain and i don't hear anything...
\
could you post your diy thread (or where you got it from) as their are some variations do the stockman

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mfreddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 240 gallon Planet Aquariums FOWLR tank. I don't like but can tolerate the sound of the standard drains. I'd like to increase the rate at which the tank drains. I'm currently running 2 Vortech MP1's at level 2, and not getting the turnover needed. I have standard center overflow (would like to do that over, BTW) with 2 drains and 2 returns.

I'm reasonably successful, I can sell ice to an Eskimo, but this is simply above my pay grade. Does anyone have a solution for me, and more importantly is there anyone in the Kansas City area that I could hire to significantly upgrade my system?

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which of these are available as ready to buy options and actually work? I'd rather buy one than build one since I'm about to have ACL surgery again and I'm not going to feel like any DIY projects for a bit.

Mfreddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which of these are available as ready to buy options and actually work? I'd rather buy one than build one since I'm about to have ACL surgery again and I'm not going to feel like any DIY projects for a bit.
Ditto. Maybe someone will chime in

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing a beananimal setup, and I'm curious if this is a 1 for 1 replacement for the durso. Also, is there a way to make it height adjustable?

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured out how to make it adjustable.
20181001_174243.jpeg
20181001_174249.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back