Durso vs Glass Holes

  • Thread starter Thread starter racefan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

racefan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Location
Wash. St
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to switch over to a 40 breeder & I'm wondering what your thoughts are on a Durso stand pipe vs a Glass Holes kit? I like the fact that GH has a pretty small foot print & a little cover deal for the over flow box so snails can't get in & clog the box.
 
I use enkamat for snails on my overflow! The drop in overflows can have all kinds of issues arise IMHO...Do you mean drilling and partitioning for an overflow when you say Durso?? I would go Durso in that case...
 
I have the glass hole kit. They are great. They have all different sizes for gph. They are a breeze to install and have a small profile. I would go that route. And they are very quite.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new