PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reason you went Radion over Kessil?

Was already planning on running B+ and C+ bulbs... The radions blend in very well using the ab+ scheme... so visually its exactly what I want my tank to look like... Its the perfect combination of whites and blues for my taste... Plus a local reefer came over and let me use his par meter and everything seems to be plush for the moment... very happy with how things turned out... I have the hybrid fixture sitting 9” above the water line and here are my par results...
IMG_3415.JPG

Sorry if its hard to read, but they turned out pretty well... running the t5s for 7 hours and here is the schedule for my radions...
IMG_3339.JPG

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3512.JPG

Added Ipad for Apex display lastnight... Its alright... kind of wish I took my time a little bit more... feel like I just threw it together

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like Scripps or is it? That's a bit of a drive from Menifee isn't it?

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like Scripps or is it? That's a bit of a drive from Menifee isn't it?

It is... i left around 5 pm from Temecula and got home to Menifee close to around 7... wasnt too bad... was nice having some quiet time in the car and escaping the circus for a bit... Ive been using the Scripps water since I started the tank... Its nice having the water mixed and at the right temp in the garage... Takes me 20 mins to do a water change...

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is... i left around 5 pm from Temecula and got home to Menifee close to around 7... wasnt too bad... was nice having some quiet time in the car and escaping the circus for a bit... Ive been using the Scripps water since I started the tank... Its nice having the water mixed and at the right temp in the garage... Takes me 20 mins to do a water change...
I used Scripps exclusively for many years while I was living in San Dog. It was a nice perk living so close.

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Scripps exclusively for many years while I was living in San Dog. It was a nice perk living so close.

That water is the reason why my tank was setup so quick... Ive been doing 15-20 gallon water changes every saturday and my parameters have been pretty consistent. I do one heavy feeding around 6 pm and everything is doing great so far... Got coralline algae growing all over the place already... seeing great growth on my zoas, acans, montis, and blastos... Havent seen much growth with the acros, but they aint dying either... so Ill take it...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back