Dwarf angelfish in a reef tank?

leon.1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!
I think he is about 4.5". Unfortunately my tank is only 100gal (Redsea S400) so he will soon going to buddy's 180gal tank. Unless I could convince my wife to let me have larger tank
You get a fish you know she won’t be able to give up herself. Then just plan the next build slowly.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I really want to get a dwarf angelfish for my peaceful community/reef 90 G tank, but I do know that can be tricky. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience in this dept.? I really like the Flame angel, the Lemon peel, and the coral beauty. Will any of those be a fairly safe bet? Or none at all. The other fish in the tank are a 3" Naso tang, a 2.5" foxface, 2 clowns, a diamond and watchman goby, a cleaner shrimp, and several different snails. I do not have any corals yet, but do plan to.
Ive got a regal and a juvenile french angel in my bigger tank no issues. Only that dang butterfly in there eats corals. Coral beauties are super pretty

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She doesn't like the Blue Light spilling out! Thank you, I will look into Reefi Lab. Other option is to run T5 but those get expensive with Bulbs and energy consumption.
T5s are great lights. I disagree with you about the cost. Light spill is a downside, however.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any well fed coral beauty I’ve ever had has always been a good citizen.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back