Dwarf lion question

Redneckreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the lionfish family is probably my favorite fish next to the tangs. I would love to put one of my 90 but I'm afraid to because of my purple Pseudochromis. He is about 2 1/2 inches long if not three do you think you will be fine with a smaller dwarf lion because if he gets eaten my daughters may die or kill me one. LOL

OP
OP
Redneckreef90

Redneckreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lionfish Lair i agree I just don't want my kids to freak out if it happens to happen and they see him swimming around with it in his mouth. Lol. If I can find the right size I may take the risk. Also what's a good food to be feeding one raw shrimp?

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll find one the right size, but he'll grow to the wrong size. He will interact with your kids like a puppy and they will forget there was ever a beast named Pseudo in there :)

You'll need to feed more than shrimp. They need variety, or you will miss some major nutrients. I buy whatever is on sale at the market's fish deli. Salmon, cod, shrimp, clams. If you don't have a fresh market deli, you can buy a bag of mixed stuff from the freezer section.

OP
OP
Redneckreef90

Redneckreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll find one the right size, but he'll grow to the wrong size. He will interact with your kids like a puppy and they will forget there was ever a beast named Pseudo in there :)

You'll need to feed more than shrimp. They need variety, or you will miss some major nutrients. I buy whatever is on sale at the market's fish deli. Salmon, cod, shrimp, clams. If you don't have a fresh market deli, you can buy a bag of mixed stuff from the freezer section.
Thank you sir

OP
OP
Redneckreef90

Redneckreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went by one of my LFS and they had a perfect size dwarf lion. I will be picking him up in the next couple days. I will post pics when I get him.

OP
OP
Redneckreef90

Redneckreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to. Heck I have had one eat a 3in damsel But that was a full size Black Volatian.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first Fuzzy Dwarf lived with a few damsels forever and never bothered them. A large lionfish is something altogether different and not what the OP is asking about.

OP
OP
Redneckreef90

Redneckreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one is not a fuzzy dwarf it's just a dwarf lionfish I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow I'll have pictures then

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a video of lion fish eating a clownfish...

-MJ

I saw it happen at a fish store one time. The clown jumped over the divider... gone.

Mine would have loved a go at a clown or a damsel.

Greg B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a predator tank at one time had two full size lion and a dwarf one also had a clown fish and anemone in there they never bothered him I feed gold fish and when I did the clown would join them and grab him a goldfish by the flipper and feed it to his anemone

OP
OP
Redneckreef90

Redneckreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here he is guys. I love him. Cool little guy with some nice colors on him.

Now to get him to eat.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's small, but looks healthy from here. he'll be even prettier later. Whatcha got to start him eating?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back