Dwarf lion question

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ignore me saying "he", it just comes out. You can't sex them, just in case you found me saying that confusing....

OP
OP
Redneckreef90

Redneckreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some LRS and misis that I feed my other fish but I will be going to the store tonight to see what they have. Not sure what I will try just yet.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And a clear little feeding stick, so we can modify it. They have ones with sharp ends and bent ends, get either. :)

OP
OP
Redneckreef90

Redneckreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And a clear little feeding stick, so we can modify it. They have ones with sharp ends and bent ends, get either. :)
That's what I used in the past little acrylic one. Melted the end to a rounded point. The lion and the eels I had never were bothered by it.

OP
OP
Redneckreef90

Redneckreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lionfish Lair this is what I bought from harris teeter tonight. It has shrimp, squid, clams, and mussels. The clams and the mussels are cooked. Is that a problem? If so I will just set those aside and eat myself. ;)

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to say don't use it, but really, there's no need to throw them away. They still have nutrients and they still add variety. I would use it. I give mine a piece of cooked lobster when I have it.

OP
OP
Redneckreef90

Redneckreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to say don't use it, but really, there's no need to throw them away. They still have nutrients and they still add variety. I would use it. I give mine a piece of cooked lobster when I have it.
I will post a pic here in a min my phone is acting weird.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that's a little limited. There's no fish in the mix and they have a whole different nutritional profile. Pretty much, all those food items are heavy in thiaminase, which basically stripes the food of thiamine even before it's eaten, continues to do so after it's eaten and even then works to remove thiamine from the living fish itself!!

What markets do you have around you?

The cooked food isn't as good to use when training. They know it's "not right". Little guys can be easier to convert, though. You just have to make the pieces are small enough so it doesn't intimidate them. Did you pick up any live food?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a zebra, he's in a 90 with a fuzzy, fu man chu, and antennata. He's the hardest one to feed, he will only eat live ghost shrimp or live peppermint shrimp. Because of his challenging feeding habits, provided he makes it long enough to get that large; and they do grow fast as juvis. I would never trust him with a slender body fish like a Pseudochromis, I thought an orchid could live with my fuzzy when I first got him, wrong; the orchid was gone within a day or 2.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 93 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back