Dwarf lion / saddle puffer

ATC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just finished cycling my 2nd tank and starting to think about stocking.
It’s a 38 gallon nuvo cube. The wife wants a dwarf lion and I want a saddle puffer I’m wondering if both could reside there in relative peace or is it a pipe dream. If it’s a pipe dream what would be acceptable tank mates for the lion I managed to convince her to let me put a tank in our room so I know I will lose the battle on the lion.

B9FA9358-700F-4003-BD6E-1F143BDF417C.jpeg

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I like a larger tank for a dwarf lion, and they do have feeding challenges that many can't handle. You can find alot of my threads on feeding dwarf lions. The saddle valentini is rather afgreeable and many times will make a good tank mate.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's going to be tough to find tankmates that won't be too big for a 38, yet are big enough not to be eventually eaten.

You might keep it with just the puffer and lion. Pink spot gobies are fairly large, and long enough to maybe be okay. A 40 breeder or standard 55 is probably a better minimum size for an adult dwarf lion. Out of curiosity, which species of lion?

OP
OP
ATC

ATC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's going to be tough to find tankmates that won't be too big for a 38, yet are big enough not to be eventually eaten.

You might keep it with just the puffer and lion. Pink spot gobies are fairly large, and long enough to maybe be okay. A 40 breeder or standard 55 is probably a better minimum size for an adult dwarf lion. Out of curiosity, which species of lion?
Whichever will be most comfortable in a tank that size she’s not really picky lol. She just said lion.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back