Dwarf Puffer in reef tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KQuillan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KQuillan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2022
Messages
3,936
Reaction score
6,696
Location
Nashville, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I currently have my little Valentini puffer and flame hawk by themselves in a 90g. I want to put them in my reef tank. Does anyone have a Valentini puffer in a reef tank? Can it be done without losing corals, fish, etc?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Fish vary. I had a Canthigaster valentini in my mixed reef for years, she never bothered any coral, any fish including tiny gobies, or my various cleaner shrimp. She did have quite the fondness for tasty, tasty snails though. However you may not be as fortunate as some may be more aggressive.
 
I had one in a frag tank for a year. No really issues
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new