Dwarf puffer (or 2) along with a snowflake eel

Glenn Siegel

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2018
Messages
186
Reaction score
120
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pretty established 300g tank with a snowflake and blue ribbon eel, tangs, angels, niger trigger, harlequin tusk. Thinking of adding a small puffer (or 2) like a mimic saddle back and valentini. If I add 2 puffers they would go in together. Thoughts of 2 in a 300g tank and also thoughts of them along with the eel - am I asking for trouble or should they co-exist?

Thanks
 
I’m no expert, just curious. Why would you suspect a problem with the eels?

And why not a bigger puffer? You have the tank for it....
 
Are you talking mimic saddle and saddle valentini, the mimic saddle is actually a filefish. While being different species this would indicate it may work, but filefish do not play well with co species unless a male/female pair, and the saddle valentini resembles the mimic too closely. Filefish are cousins to triggers, so if they get a bead on something, I don't think 300g would matter. The eels would likely not be a threat.

If you are talking blue spot valentini and mimic saddle, then that may work. But the blue spot is a notorious nipper, and I wouldn't trust him not to nip the ribbon eel.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new