Dwayne's LPS and Softie Build

oneilwiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers,

With my current tank slowly leaking, this has put a hold on stocking the tank. The tank is leaking from the bottom left corner. Thankfully the guys @ Crystal Dynamics Aquarium replaced my aquarium and provided a new Stand ( warranty 2 months shy of expiring. With the pandemic in full swing, this took a toll on building the new tank and getting assistance to put everything together. Luckily enough with the help of fellow reefer, I was able to grab a Loctite Super Glue from Walmart. This worked very well as a temporary solution. It has been at least 4 months with it and no leak so far.

Moving on to the current build, things couldn't have gone smoother than I planned when the shipping company dropped my stand and busted the side panels and frame. Luckily enough after the leak test, no issues were found with the aquarium. This pushed the build back to 4 additional weeks to have the stand shipped back and repair. so what do I decide to do differently? a few things. I have attached a photo of what my tank use to be when I had lived in Connecticut.

Build List:
  1. Custom 100G 48x24x20 with Starfire glass 3 sides. Sides and button reinforced.
  2. Synergyreef Overflow
  3. Triton 34" Trigger Systems sump + 1" blue plumbing and 3/4 return
  4. Welded carbon steel stand with magnetic side Panels
  5. Ecotech Vectra M1
  6. 2 x MP40W
  7. Skimz Skimmer
  8. 3 Eheim Jager 150W heater
  9. (20 lb) of Caribsea Lifercock shapes + LifeRock Nano Arches (4 pieces)
  10. 80lb of CaribSea Dry Aragonite Special Grade Reef Sand
  11. Lights Undecisive between reusing Radion G3 or using GHL Mitras 7206.
  12. GHL Doser 2.1
  13. Tunze ATO 3155
Chemical:
  1. Start tank with Redsea Blue bucket, plan to start to use Aquaforest salt, calcium, alkalinity, and carbon.

Cycling Process

I decided to use the Fishless Cycling method with Dr. Tims Ammonia and Bacteria.

IMG_4587.JPG IMG_5880.JPG IMG_1121.JPG IMG_6808.JPG ReinforcedSeam3.jpg 20180314_132625.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
oneilwiz

oneilwiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what my Tank use to be as well as some photos of the tank and stand. The stand is very heavy. Luckily enough I didn't have to buy much plumbing parts except to change the return bulkhead and plumbing to 3/4. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until its late that they put a 3/4 return hole and not a 1 inch.

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 7.23.06 PM.png IMG_2779.jpg IMG_2778.jpg IMG_2772.JPG IMG_2767.JPG IMG_2776.JPG IMG_2774.JPG

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back