Dying anemone with cuts?

2

209599

Guest
View Badges
Help! I noticed my anemone had a small cut a couple of days ago. It then twisted its self up really bad, Gently moved it to another place hoping it accidentally did it to its self of the rock. Last night I was on the glass, this morning it is under this rock and there looks to be a much larger cut and maybe several small cuts too. I can see a bubble at the foot.
It now appears to be sagging into the sand What can I do?? All of my live stock is supposed to be ree safe and nothing like this has happened to my other anemone. I do not have a quarantine tank. I am worried that it is going to die and poison my tank

Pictures are from original cut to when I got home from work today to current.

BDE2F22A-C99F-42A3-94A5-F5A7429482C2.jpeg 723883D4-94B7-4CE5-8C63-08FF6D1C9071.jpeg DCC3A03B-D6D6-46CC-BD39-67451DBEC37D.jpeg 02D1213D-E98E-42E7-929E-18125565CC71.jpeg
 
If its falling to pieces, there is nothing you can do but if it is not there is still a chance!
 
Thank y’all. It did end up dying sometime in the middle of the night. I thought it likely would when it’s foot started to let go
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new