dying Favia anything I can do?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shibaken3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shibaken3

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
371
Location
LasVegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this coral from LFS on Black Friday. Was doing good but suddenly it started dying. one of the pictures is from when I got it, one picture is right now. The last picture is my whole tank picture.

The placement was in the middle of the tank and I'm suspecting too much light so moved it to the right cave of my tank.
I also did a coral dip to get any bacteria that may be causing the deterioration.

I have other corals that are doing fine.
The parameter is all good probably nitrate and phosphate is close at 0 but I do have lots of algae growing so I know there is nitrate in phosphate. (Hanna checker)

Is there anything I can do? Planning to do a 5-gallon water change if necessary

20221213_161438.jpg 20221214_154541.jpg 20221129_113854.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new